POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Evaluation : Re: Evaluation Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Evaluation
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Jul 2008 04:51:22
Message: <48917d0a$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:488f5e8b@news.povray.org...

>   Well, true. But there is always the lucky shot, (and I think this is the
> case in the actual book. The chap in front is supposed to be a true newbie
> with firearms, but get's lucky in the fog).

This has implications for the pose of the chap in front, Steve  :-)
If he is a newbie, his pose should reflect something of unease, nervousness,
or awkwardness. In the present scene, he looks very cool and master of
himself. It may not be very easy to achieve, however.

Something else I have been thinking about. The gun should show some measure
of backlash, especially if the guy is a newbie! So, I believe, the gun
should be pointing upwards.

And what about the same guy flinching away from the bullet whizzing past his
head and hitting his hat? However, that may be occurring in the next split
second of the drama...

Looking even more closely, the path of the bullet should be a bit higher in
order to hit the hat. It now passes just a bit too low to do that
effectively.

Looking again at your scene, I believe there is an interesting conundrum of
time travel paradox, or maybe of multiverses... :-)
Consider this:
T+0: the guns are fired, we assume simultaneously;
T+1: bullets respectively whizzes pas A and hits B in the eye;
T+2: Backlash of A's gun; B's gun starts to be pulled up;
T+3: A flinches away from the bullet; B starts to fall backwards;
T+4: B rotates around his axis while falling and sends the gun in an arc;
etc...

Do you see what I mean: Your image shows different time frames condensed
into the same moment!  ;-)   This is not a problem, but it is an interesting
notion...

Thomas